- To protect all workers
- To promote and safeguard the economic interests of our members and their families
- To achieve - for our members higher wages, shorter hours, health and pension benefits, and improved working conditions
AIMS AND PURPOSES
1. To organize and unite the workers regardless of sex, race, color, age, religion, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, or affiliation.
2. To achieve improved working conditions, shorter and better scheduled hours, health, pension, and other benefits, and higher wages.
3. To protect and advance the technical and professional status of its members, to aid and encourage members to acquire greater knowledge and skill in the health care field, and to help achieve quality care for all people, regardless of economic status.
4. To educate workers on trade Union principles.
5. To foster and extend democratic procedures in our country.
6. To defend civil liberties and rights and abolish all forms of prejudice and discrimination and support and advocate legislation to promote these ends.
7. There shall be full respect for all differences of opinion and all members shall have the freedom of expression.