Ratification Vote for License and Technical Contract
District 1199NM and UNM Hospital have tentatively agreed to a three (3) year contract for the License and Technical bargaining unit. Negotiations have been hard fought by your Negotiation Team. There were several take backs proposed by Management that would have meant significant losses in take home pay for some L&T employees that we were able to fight off. We believe that the agreement we will be presenting you is the best agreement we could get at this time. Although there is no increase in wages, we did make significant gains in the language that will afford L&T employees better job protection as well as clarification of some economic issues that will benefit employees;
· Clarification of “premium” and “differential” language. All eligible employees will now be paid “differentials” (weekday night, weekend day, and weekend night) for vacation, sick leave, etc.
· If your meal period is “interrupted by work” you “must cancel the auto-deduct or submit and edit sheet”.
· For employees that earn Compensatory Time, you will earn 2 hours of comp time for every hour of double time worked.
· Extended time frames, statute of limitations, and some reciprocity in language for the Union and Management for Discipline and the Grievance Procedure.
· Hospital Seniority shall be defined by length of service, i.e. hire date.
· Employees shall retain Department Seniority regardless of position or FTE status as long as they remain in the same department.
· Changes in request periods for Vacation Scheduling.
· Observed Holidays “shall be rotated and granted on an equitable basis”, seniority shall not prevail.
· Please see reverse for Wages, Benefits, Sick Leave, and Holidays.
The 1199 NM L&T Negotiation Committee is recommending a “YES” vote.
The ratification vote will be held as follows:
6:00am- 8:00 am, Tuesday, February 19th, Khatali Room in the Cafeteria
11:00am-12:30pm, Tuesday, February 19th, Khatali Room in the Cafeteria
4:00pm- 9:00pm, Tuesday, February 19th, Sandia Room in the Cafeteria
Please remember that only Dues Paying Members get to vote. If you wish to become a member you may do so at the ratification vote, look for us at the Union Table on the second floor of the Main Hospital in front of the Main elevators from 11:00am to 1:00pm every Monday and Thursday, or please feel free to contact the office at (505) 884-7713. District 1199 staff as well as Negotiation Committee members will be available at the ratification vote to answer questions. We will have red-lined (new contract) contracts available to review as well.